Looking For A Transmission Repair Shop In Denver CO?
What you can expect…
✅ Fast turn-around time
✅ Transparent access to payments & service history
✅ Strict quality control checks requiring signatures
✅ Specialized technicians for all makes & models
✅ 250+ years combined experience
✅ Open 7 days a week
✅ 3 Year 100,000 mile parts & labor nationwide guarantee
✅ Loaner cars & shuttle service
✅ Master certified ASE Technicians
✅ State of the art technology & equipment
Transmission Shop Near Me? That’s Us!
If you’re in need of replacement or transmission repair service in Denver, CO, you’ve come to the right place. We are your full service transmission shop in South Denver, including Centennial.
We offer transmission repair service on all makes and models, foreign and domestic, and we serve just about all of Denver Metro.
Transmission repair in Denver seems to be everywhere, but only ASE Certified Master Technicians can ensure that your vehicle’s transmission is actually destroyed and if it is, offer you the clearest cut path to getting the replacement you need to get back on the road with confidence and security in your vehicle.
In addition to full service repair and replacement we also take on projects for our clients such as transmission rebuilds in Denver Metro. If you love your car and don’t want to invest in a new ride to get around when your transmission dies, we have the ASE technicians and master mechanics on staff to take on full transmission rebuilds for our clients if requested.
Transmission Service for Cars and Trucks
Transmissions in cars and trucks are responsible for enabling the gears to shift correctly as the vehicle accelerates or brakes. It doesn’t really matter if the transmission is manual or automatic. Maintaining your truck properly will extend its life expectancy and prevent unexpected breakdowns. Trucks are used for towing or deliveries. This means that they may need more regular maintenance than what the manufacturer recommends. Our ASE Certified technicians are experts in transmission maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs to keep your car or truck in good condition. Bring your vehicle into our shop today. We offer:
- Fluid flushes and replacement
- Pan gasket replacement
- Filter replacement
- Service of the transmission control system, including TCM and valve body, solenoids and switches
- Transmission cooler replacement
- Repair of the clutch and flywheel
Neglecting to maintain your vehicle can lead to many problems, especially with the terrain issues we experience in and around Denver. Although the transmission of a vehicle or truck can last thousands of miles, it still needs to be maintained. This will protect your vehicle and help reduce its lifespan. The complete maintenance we offer is provided by our highly-skilled technicians, which includes:
- Remove and examine the transmission pan
- Discard the old fluid and replace it with the correct ATF transmission fluid for your vehicle
- Cleaning or replacing the filter or screen
- Clean the pan
- Installing the pan using a new gasket
- Transmission Rebuild
We offer the most reliable and affordable transmission rebuild services in South Denver. We can work on any make or model of domestic and foreign vehicles, as well as box trucks and fleet trucks. Our ASE-certified technicians will:
- Take apart the unit and inspect it.
- All soft parts (clutches and seals included) should be replaced with new parts
- Make sure to inspect all hard parts.
- With any OEM upgrades, bring the transmission back to like-new condition
- Do a final stress test
Avoid expensive transmission repairs.
Keep your car’s automatic transmission in top condition with these 10 tips from Saul’s Autotek
Transmission repairs can be expensive depending on what vehicle you drive and how old it is. It is possible to have a specialist transmission repair service your vehicle, especially if it has been subject to total breakdown.
There are ways to prolong the life of your transmission and avoid transmission failure. Check out our top 10 transmission maintenance tips.
1. Regularly check your transmission fluid. Checking your transmission fluid on many cars, light trucks and SUVs is easy. With the engine running, take out the dipstick and wipe it clean. Then wait for the reading to be accurate. Low fluid levels could indicate a leak. It should have a clear and bright red color. The fluid should also smell sweet. It should not smell like rotting fish, murky or darkened.
2. Make sure you use the correct type of transmission fluid. To determine the type of transmission fluid that you should use, always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual. If you are still unsure, visit Saul’s Autotek to ask a professional.
3. Get your engine’s cooling system checked. The cooling system in your vehicle helps to prevent overheating. Did you know that the cooling system also cools the transmission fluid which flows through the gearbox. You will need to have your transmission repaired before your engine overheats. Check that your cooling system is in top condition.
4. Regularly have your transmission flushed. It is best to have your transmission fluid changed by a professional. You should consult your car’s owner’s manual. However, it is recommended that your transmission be flushed at least once per year. The temperature of your vehicle and the amount of driving you do will affect how long the transmission fluid lasts.
5. Do not change gears while your vehicle is moving. Before changing from ‘drive to reverse, bring your car to a complete halt. Failure to do this will cause strain to your transmission, which can eventually lead to serious problems.
6. Before you start driving, let your car warm up. Who among us has ever climbed into the driver’s chair, turned the engine on, and then put the car in gear? Allow your engine to warm up for a few minutes before you start driving, especially in winter.
7. You shouldn’t use a spare tire to drive for long periods of time. It is illegal to drive with a smaller spare tire than you need or mismatched tires for a prolonged period. It will cause damage to your vehicle, such as ruining the wheel alignment. Additionally, it can also put unnecessary strain on your transmission.
8. Change the transmission filter regularly. You’re correct, your car’s automatic transmission might have a filter that needs to be replaced from time to time. The make and model of your car will determine if it has a transmission filter. The transmission filters on most newer cars don’t need to be replaced, but they should be changed every time your transmission is flushed.
9. Towing is not something you should use your car for. Towing heavy loads with your vehicle, especially in hot weather, can cause transmission fluid to oxidize and burn. This can lead to significant damage to the transmission.
10. Your transmission should be inspected every year. Smart preventative maintenance includes having a certified transmission specialist inspect your transmission for any leaks or other abnormalities at least once per year.
The Difference Between a CVT Transmission and an Automatic Transmission
When it comes to transmissions, there are two main types: CVT and automatic. So what’s the difference? Which one is right for you? Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons of each type:
What is a CVT Transmission?
CVT transmissions are becoming more and more popular in the automotive world. So what is a CVT transmission? A CVT, or continuously variable transmission, is a type of automatic transmission that uses a pulley and belt system to vary the gear ratio instead of stepping through gears like a traditional automatic transmission. This allows the engine to run at its most efficient speed, which improves fuel economy. CVTs also tend to be smoother than traditional automatics, and they can provide more power to the wheels since the engine can stay in its optimal power band. However, CVTs can be more expensive than traditional automatics, and they can be less reliable.
What is an Automatic Transmission?
An automatic transmission is a type of transmission that uses a set of gears to change the speed and torque of the vehicle. It automatically shifts between gears depending on the driving conditions, which makes it easier for the driver. It also requires less maintenance than a CVT transmission. However, automatic transmissions can be more expensive than CVTs, and they usually generate more noise and vibration.
Which is better? CVT Transmissions or Automatic Transmissions?
CVT transmissions are more efficient than their automatic counterparts, but they can be less reliable. CVTs also tend to be more expensive to repair or replace.
Automatic transmissions are typically more reliable than CVTs, but they’re not as efficient. They also tend to cost more to maintain and repair.
So which transmission is right for you? It really depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a more efficient transmission, a CVT is the way to go. But if you’re looking for a transmission that’s more reliable and easier to maintain, then an automatic is the better choice.
Pros and Cons of a CVT Transmission
What are the pros of a CVT transmission?
-CVTs are more efficient than traditional automatics, which can improve fuel economy.
-CVTs are smoother than traditional automatics, which can make for a more comfortable ride.
-CVTs can provide more power to the wheels since the engine can stay in its optimal power band.
What are the cons of a CVT transmission?
-CVTs are more expensive than traditional automatics.
-CVTs are less reliable than traditional automatics.
The article discusses the difference between a CVT transmission and an automatic transmission. CVTs are becoming more popular because they are more efficient than traditional automatics. However, they are less reliable and more expensive to maintain. Automatic transmissions are more reliable and less expensive to maintain, but they are not as efficient.
What is a Manual Transmission?
A manual transmission, also known as a “stick shift,” is a type of transmission that relies on the driver to manually change gears. This type of transmission is typically found in older vehicles and sports cars.
How Does a Manual Transmission Work?
A manual transmission works by using a series of gears to change the speed and torque of the vehicle. The driver changes gears by depressing the clutch pedal and moving the gearshift into the appropriate position. This shifts the gear ratio, which then changes the speed and power output of the engine.
What are the Pros and Cons of a Manual Transmission?
The main pro of a manual transmission is that it gives the driver more control over the vehicle. The main con is that it can be more difficult to drive than an automatic transmission. Manual transmissions also require more maintenance than automatics.
Check out our blog article on manual transmission maintenance.